The U.S. Army Pueblo Chemical Depot (PCD), which reports to the U.S. Army Chemical Materials Activity (CMA), was responsible for the safe and secure storage of the chemical weapons stockpile in Colorado.
Located near Pueblo, Colorado, PCD was one of two remaining Army installations in the United States that stored chemical weapons. Encompassing approximately 23,000 acres, the depot’s mission has shifted and expanded since PCD was created in 1942. The depot ensured the safe, secure storage of the chemical weapons stockpile until it was destroyed, and is preparing for depot closure.
Safety and Security
The safety of workers, the public and the environment have been paramount to the success of the chemical weapons disposal mission.
Public Participation and Community Relations
To learn more about the Army’s chemical weapons disposal mission visit the Pueblo Chemical Stockpile Outreach Office.